Reading the Biblical Story in Community
Our Community Bible Reading Plan
The Bible is an amazing piece of literature, and if we haven’t already shown our hand, we think its the best to ever be assembled. That said, we admittedly know people get lost and overwhelmed with the sheer depth of it. To read it all the way through in one piece? Wow, that is a daunting task to say the least. For these reasons and so many more, we encourage everyone in our community to take advantage of the resources provided by the good people at the Bible Project and the Read Scripture Organization, who have helpfully broken the Bible down into 16 chapters that walk you through the entire biblical narrative in a little less than a year.
The Read Scripture Approach to Reading
The Read Scripture process is pretty simple, every-day you will have a prescribed plan that asks you to watch, read, and pray.
1. Watch – To help you to follow along, as well as maximize learning through visual storytelling, you will be pointed to short animated videos on YouTube that will help you to grasp the Bible’s design, message, and what to look for as you read.
2. Read – Read anywhere from 15-20 minutes a day, following the plan along the way.
3. Pray – Prayerfully read through one psalm per day from the Book of Psalms.
How to get Started
There are several ways for you to get started!
1. You can use the Read Scripture App, created by readscripture.org, and keep track of your reading plan across all your devices.
2. You can download a good’ol paper copy, and follow along in your own Bible.
3. You can check out the Bible Project's videos and see a playlist of each video series on their website.